This week is my third Teaser Tuesday post, and I chose You Are A Writer (So Start Acting Like One) by Jeff Goins. I was lucky enough to download a copy of this book when it was free on Amazon. The words of Jeff Goins could not have graced me at a more perfect time. His encouragement and words of wisdom are priceless.
Again, I read this in e-book format and did not have a page number to post. However, this quote falls near the 10% completed range.
Teaser: “Until you acknowledge this-that you are a writer-you are depriving the world of a gift it longs for. One that stands the test of time. One that could leave a legacy.”
Synopsis: You Are a Writer is a book about what it takes to be a writer in the 21st Century.
Author Jeff Goins shares his own story of self-doubt and what it took for him to become a professional. He gives you practical tips for freelancing, how to get published in magazines, and what it takes to build a platform that brings the gatekeepers to you.
This journey of becoming a writer begins with a simple but important belief: You are a writer; you just need to write. Readers will learn the importance of passion and discipline and how to show up every day to do the work. Here’s what else you will learn:
- How to stop waiting to be picked and finally choose yourself
- What it takes to build a platform
- Why authors need to brand themselves (and how to do it)
- Tips for freelancing, guest blogging, and getting published in magazines
- Different ways to network with other writers, artists, and influencers
- The importance of blogging and social media and how to use it well to get more readers and fans of your writing
You Are a Writer is a book that will help you fall back in love with writing and make the connections you need to build your brand as a writer. It’s about living the dream of a life dedicated to words.
And it all begins with you. -Amazon
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read • Open to a random page • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
- An open letter to Jeff Goins of http://goinswriter.com/ (danieladragas.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: You Are A Writer (So Start Acting Like One!) by Jeff Goins (donabumgarner.typepad.com)
- Book Review: You Are a Writer (So Start Acting like One) by Jeff Goins (indiewritingblog.com)
- You are a Writer: So Start Acting Like One by Jeff Goins (Book Review) Reviewed by Tammy (iwokeupyesterday.com)
- Book Review – You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) by Jeff Goins (bookshelfontilt.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) by Jeff Goins (christyfarmer.wordpress.com)
- Book Review – You Are A Writer, So Act Like One – Jeff Goins (moniqueegelhoff.wordpress.com)
- Book Review – You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) by Jeff Goins (duffbert.com)