WOW. Thursday, July 5th, was the one year celebration of my blog. This past week could not have been better. My network of writing friends grew in leaps and bounds. I was challenged. I was nominated for 4 different blog awards. My heart is glowing! (And my eyeballs are red–not from crying , but from spending so much time at the computer. However, it has been time well spent!
First, special ‘thank you’s’ need to be given to my very supportive writing buddies, Maryellen Brady, Cathy Givans, Audrey D. Wilkerson, and Sarah Fox. These ladies are a gift, a blessing. They have motivated me to be a better writer, think more creatively, and to NEVER GIVE UP. Thank you, friends.
Second, thank you Ella Medler and Karen Einsel for believing in me, not just my blog, and awarding me with your nominations! I am so humbled and elated! I never imagined I’d be where I am today with my blog and my writing, and I still have so very far to go. Your recognition equals motivation!
Ella Medler nominated me for “The Lovely Blog” award. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the nominator
2. Nominate others that are worthy of that award in your opinion (official rules recommend 15, but that number can be tweaked.)
3. Tell us 7 things about yourself (and let us know where to read them, you can use your blog, but not everyone does). Make sure the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
OK, to begin, here are 7 things about me that you may not know…
1. I am short. Like really sort. Like 4’10″ short …yes. In school, all short jokes applied, unfortunately.
2. I am 50% Italian, and it comes from my Dad and his side of the family.
3. Before I had my boys, I was a super fast runner. In 5th grade, I broke my elementary school’s record for the 50 yard dash.
4. My favorite food is soup and sandwiches…preferably Minestrone soup and Wegman’s sub sandwiches
5. I had c-sections with both of my little boys…TMI? I hope not LOL!
6. The first series I ever read, and finished, was Harry Potter.
7. The very first musical that I was a part of was A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. I was in 9th grade and was cast as a courtesan. I love to sing.
Karen Einsel nominated me for 3 different awards: The Reader Appreciation Award, Most Inspiring Blogger Award, and The Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer the 9 questions below
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number. Today I am awarding 7 bloggers with this award.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
Questions for me to answer for the Reader Appreciate Award :
What is your favorite color?
Purple! Specifically, lavender…but generally most shades of purple, excluding Barney purple, LOL!
What’s your favorite animal?
Hmm…well, I only ever had a pet rabbit as a child…and I’m allergic to cats and most dogs. So, I’d have to stay a stuffed animal is my favorite But if I had to choose a specific animal, I think little white dogs are adorable, and elephants are fascinating.
What’s your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Insert COFFEE song HERE. …besides coffee, I really enjoy a nice, cold, root-beer float!
Facebook or Twitter?
What is your favorite pattern?
Harts and stars…some childish things never change
Favorite day of the week?
Well, I am a stay-at-home mom, so really every day is a favorite of mine. However, Wednesdays are enjoyable when I have an episode of Pretty Little Liars and Jane by Design awaiting my viewing pleasure!
What is your passion?
Being a mom, being a wife, and being a writer.
Post 7 thing about myself that you do not know yet…well, I just did that above
Finally, The Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award
My award nominees for all 4 Awards include:
1. Maryellen Brady
3. Sarah Fox
4. Cathy Givans
Side Note: I have noticed that some blog writers do not accept awards because their intent is to blog, and not blog for awards but for their readers. So, if any of my nominees fall into this category and would rather not participate, I understand BUT, please know that you are a true inspiration to me.
Keep doing what you do!